Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Dobson 2012 Letter and the Reality of the Bush Administration's Abuses

I've been absent from blogging for awhile due to my day job (which I sort of have to do) and a writing project (which is now complete).

I don't have much time to do my own writing today, but I thought it intriguing to post two items which, in juxtaposition to one another, are quite striking.  The first is James Dobson's "Letter from 2012" in which he posits an apocalyptic vision of America under an Obama presidency.  The second is a NYT article detailing some of the actual abuses of the Bush administration.  The irony is that Dobson foresees a vision of an America where civil liberties are abused by a "Liberal Leftist" government, and, yet, the NYT article displays the reality of an America where civil liberties have been jettisoned by the current administration.




4 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

Everybody spins. Everybody.

Alice said...

The best thing that could come of this Dobson letter is that Obama may go to great lengths to disprove him.

Woo hoo!

Score!

Al said...

Thanks, Colorado Springs must be a different place than I remember.

Al said...

So what has become of this man under a new more open government?